AIR is a multicultural, interdisciplinary product development division, part of the en-japan inc. group. We use advanced software technology to create unique digital products for the HR-Tech industry. Learn more about AIR here: https://air.en-japan.io
We are looking for a User Interface Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. You will bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
Do you have a strong opinion on how a good UI works and behaves and are willing to fight for the user? Show us your portfolio of some great working samples and apply with us!
• Create rich responsive web user interfaces
• Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
• Proactively work with PM and UX designer on defining specifications for user-facing features
• Implement vertical features spanning frontend as well as backend
• Troubleshoot and resolve bugs and defects in UI components
• Identify, evaluate, and recommend new web technologies and frameworks
• Share your knowledge with the team and teach others
• Evaluate frameworks for production use and contribute to open source libraries
• 3+ years of Frontend experience
• English fluency
• Passion for creating accessible and usable interfaces and applications
• Aptness to adopt and implement responsive interfaces following a base design
• Understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
• Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them
• Automation tools like Webpack/Gulp and CSS pre-processing platforms like LESS/SASS
• Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and consuming JSON REST api via AJAX
• Test/behavior-driven front-end development experience (unit/integration testing)
• Working experience with version control system and issue tracking system
• Experience developing mobile apps (mobile first web apps or native)
• Experience in working with agile methodologies
• Advanced website optimization knowledge (JS performance, assets optimization, bandwidth, deferred loading)
• Design user friendly and rich interaction incorporating caching and animations
• Some background and knowledge on full-stack web service development and operations
• B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
• Japanese language ability
• Frontend: React, React-Native, Redux,VueJS, Less/Sass, Bootstrap, Gulp, BEM
• Backend: Ruby on Rails, Node.js
• Database: PostgreSQL, Redis, Elasticsearch
• Platform: AWS, Firebase, DockerTools: GitHub, Asana, Slack, Travis CI, Fastlane
• ... and anything you can prove to help us get the work done
A very competitive salary based on your experience.
A startup atmosphere: flexible hours, remote working possible, no dress code.
An environment where experimenting is welcome and failure synonym of learning.
Work with an international team of smart individuals in a fun office environment.
Send the following documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Portfolio of related work
• Cover letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working with us
- Why you are passionate about your profession