AIR is a multicultural, interdisciplinary product development division, part of the en-japan inc. group. We use advanced software technology to create unique digital products for the HR-Tech industry. Learn more about AIR here: https://air.en-japan.io
We are looking for a Software Engineer who is motivated to solve technical problems while at the same time can keep the long view of delivering value to business.
You will work in a small team with other engineers, designers, and product managers and will have the opportunity to work across several projects, sometimes concurrently.
You have a passion for products, can work well with a diverse team and care for users. You may have a favorite stack but are not religious about any technology and are always willing to learn and grow.
• Proactively work with PM and designer on defining specifications
• Implement features vertically, spanning front-end as well as back-end
• Identify, evaluate, and recommend new technologies and frameworks
• Share your knowledge with the team and teach others
• Evaluate frameworks for production use and contribute to open source libraries
• 5+ years of experience working on production code
• English fluency
• Passion & experience for creating accessible and usable interfaces and applications
• Working experience with version control system and issue tracking system
• Experience developing mobile apps (mobile first web apps or native)
• Experience in working on B2B software and dealing with users/customers
• Experience in working with agile methodologies
• B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
• Japanese language ability
• Autonomous / Proactive: you are able to work without someone telling how to do things. We value people who don’t always ask for permission, trust their common sense and go beyond what they’re asked to do.
• Resilient / Self-motivated: like any business, there are highs and lows. Whatever the situation, we expect your energy and positivity to be contagious.
• Owner / Accountable: you take pride in your team success and you come forward quickly when making mistakes. When a problem occurs, you go the extra mile to help solve it, even if it’s outside of your job description.
• Product / Business mindset: you understand that the ultimate value of your work is to provide value to people. You care about your users/customers more than closing tickets.
• Frontend: React, React-Native, Redux, VueJS
• Backend: Ruby on Rails, Node.js
• infra / Platform: AWS, GCP, Firebase, PostgreSQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, Travis
• Tools we use everyday include Slack, the Google Suite and Asana
… plus and anything you can prove to help us get the work done
• A startup atmosphere: flexible hours, remote work, no dress code.
• An environment where experimenting is welcome and failure synonym of learning.
• Work with an international team of smart individuals in a fun office environment.
Send the following documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Portfolio of related work
• Cover letter which includes:
- Why you are interested in working with us
- Why you are passionate about your profession
Still not sure about applying? You can reach out to us...